How long before Linux runs on it 3433
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:22:58 +0100, Richard G. Riley
That's just it, though. Lots of people, including myself, don't want a 'real laptop'. Why lug around 5-7 pounds of very fragile laptop, when you don't really need to?
How long before Linux runs on it 3434
There are different levels of portability. (1) small pocket devices. These would be small enough that they will often fit in a pocket, even if a larger device is...
I would use it for:
1) a decent ebook reading device (PDA's are too small, and you spend all your time scrolling)
2) taking notes in meetings or when out on the road
3) as a portable GPS with interactive applications.
4) a light presentation device that you can just plug into a projector (or use a network projection device).
5) playing games (though I rarely do, i like to play games on airplanes and such)
I can't easily take a laptop with me into bed to read. And, this thing has such a small form factor (but larger than a PDA) that i can toss it into a satchel, portfolio, hell even concievably have pockets large enough to carry it in jackets and such.
PDA's have just never been very useful to me because of their unsably small work area, and most of the time I don't want to lug a laptop around. This is just the right size.