Will Linus Feed The Children 10823
Will Linus Feed The Children Machine: #1, Drive #1 NOTE: I ONLY post through Giganews
begin trojan.vbs It was on Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:56:22 +0000, that amosf DFS is an expert on poo, he talks it 99% of the time. (The other 1% he's asleep...
I think I get it now. It's YOU who defines whether Linux sales and install figures are futile or useful. But given that you keep asking me for an exact number of Linux installs, and an exact revenue amount that can be attributed to Linux, it's not clear you've decided for yourself whether the data is indeed futile or useful.
Will Linus Feed The Children 10825
On the comp.os.linux.advocacy meeting for Monday 22 August 2005 12:59 am, John Bailo submitted the...
They use it the same way I use it, and the same way most people use it.
Market share is market share, and it's mostly an unambiguous term: the ratio of some product or service revenue or unit sales or installs measured against the universe of all products revenue or unit sales or installs, in whatever category that product or service belongs in. It's usually expressed in percent terms, but when applied to Linux is often expressed in tenths of a percent.
(note: 99.999% of the world understands the unqualified term 'market share' when applied to software is based on unit sales-installs , but you're special and have to be told each and every time.)
Wait, did I use 'world'? Now you'll say the world is 6,000,000,000 people (is that an exact figure?) and I have to prove they all use 'market share' the same way.
You really need to stick to your iptables and Enlightenment systems. Stay away from numbers and words. They confuse you.
Witness you and Outlook 2003.