Will Linus Feed The Children Machine: #1, Drive #1 NOTE: I ONLY post through Giganews
begin trojan.vbs It was on Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:56:22 +0000, that amosf
DFS is an expert on poo, he talks it 99% of the time. (The other 1% he's asleep)
Will Linus Feed The Children 10825
On the comp.os.linux.advocacy meeting for Monday 22 August 2005 12:59 am, John Bailo submitted the following proposal... How do you know...
An example there, is what he did in India in 2002. Oh suuuure, he gave millions of $$ to battle AIDS & Hepabreastis B:- $25 million, five-year grant for a children's vaccine programme against Hepabreastis B in the southern Andhra Pradesh state; and $100 million to battle AIDS in India.
Total =$125 million.
*but* he gave MUCH more to fight linux spreading in India....how much more? $400 million.
"The Gates' Foundation plans to donate money to the Project Shiksha, which teaches some 3.5 million children, is "tied to the condition that the project will purchase only licensed Microsoft software", said the FSF-India.
Contrary to claims that Microsoft had "low pricing", the FSF-India argued that it was not a question of the "initial software cost", but rather that "Microsoft would benefit tremendously from such a project even if it were to supply its software free of cost as long as it is Microsoft software".
Will Linus Feed The Children 10826
John Bailo I didn't mean it in terms of raw dollars even though that number...
Now, just *where* does anyone think this "benfactor's" *real* interest lies... And how many times has this happened elsewhere?
-- DFS -self confessed idiot:- "Nothing wrong with laughing like an idiot. I do it all the time." Wednesday 17 August 2005 5:03:19 am